May Wrap-Up (2018)


Hey everyone, it's Victoria here! Today I'm going to be sharing with you my May wrap-up! I only read 3 books in May, which I'm kind of disappointed in but I was also in a reading slump for most of the month. So, let's just jump right into the wrap-up...


1.) The Weight of Zero by Karen Fortunati
Rating: ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️  .5   / ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️  (3.5/5)



*TRIGGER WARNING- Talk of suicide and self-harm

I started reading this book in April, but I wasn't able to finish it up by the end of the month, so I finished it within the first week of May. I enjoyed the portrayal of mental illness in this book, as I found it relatable and really descriptive. I also liked the relationship in this book between the main characters. The only things that I had a problem with were the fact that it took me such a long time to finish and some parts were a bit boring. Overall, I would recommend this book if you're looking for something about mental illness.


2.) The Belles by Dhonielle Clayton
Rating: ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️   / ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️  (4/5)



I had been anticipating the release of The Belles since I heard of its upcoming release back in 2017. It took me a while to get around to reading it, but I am happy that I finally read it. This book had a lot of the elements that I was looking for such as romance (a tiny bit) and a whole lot of drama! I won't bother explaining the plot of this one as I'm sure you've all heard of it by now, but I would recommend this to anyone looking for a fun, female-driven fantasy experience. Although it was slow at some points, I enjoyed my time reading this book. I am planning on continuing the series, as this is the first book, but we shall see when the second book comes out next year (I believe).


3.) Royals by Rachel Hawkins
Rating: ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️  ⭐️  / ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️  (4 /5)



I flew through this book at the end of the month and I really really enjoyed it! I had heard about it around BookTube, but I hadn't really planned on picking it up until I saw it at my library...and I'm really happy that I did pick it up! I'm really fascinated by the Royal Family, and it was the perfect time to read this as the wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle was just a few weeks ago.  This was a quick and easy read that I could read mindlessly and enjoy my time with. This book also had a lot of adventure and twists and turns that kept me interested in it. My only problem with this book was Daisy's, the main character, love interest, Miles. I just really did not like Miles and he sort of rubbed me the wrong way, but I don't have any other complaints about this book. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a humorous contemporary!



These are all the books that I read in May! Be sure to check out my TBR for June to see what I'm planning on reading this month and let me know in the comments if you read any of these books this month! See you next week with another new post!

-xoxo Victoria



*Are you following me on Instagram? 
If not, be sure to follow me to keep up with what I'm reading! Follow me at: @victoriasbookishblog *

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Library Book Sale Book Haul!

Finally Fall Book Tag!! 🍁

Updates!